Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Comment on Lean Manufacturing and USA , previous post

This is the first time I have copied from Repost.us to this blog. see previous post I guess the .us is to do with the United States. but Jeff Jarvis seems to pronounce it such as we the reposters, or "Do they mean us?" as Derek Jameson used to ask. see Wikipedia if you don't know him. Most of the sources seem to be in the USA. I hope this idea spreads far and wide. This first story is about bringing manufacturing back to the USA. But I think the quality ideas could be global as they get better understood. I found it searching on "Edwards Deming". Interesting to see Taiichi Ohno and Toyota credited with theory that contibuted to how the "Japanese were crushing the U.S. auto industry in the 1970s and 80s". So my guess is that Deming learnt in Japan as well as teaching.

No comments: